The Rug Company - Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Rug Company, the leading creator of handmade designer rugs, is looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to support the Marketing Team.
It is a unique and rare opportunity to work within this dynamic British design company during an exciting period of growth.
The role is based within the marketing department, which is a close-knit, friendly and supportive team. The job also entails working closely with many other areas of the company including the Studio, Merchandising, Production and Sales.
Our UK Headquarters are based in beautiful offices in Bayswater in West London.
Main purpose of the job:
Your main purpose will be to support the Marketing, PR and Communications activities within The Rug Company, helping to increase the profile and reputation of the brand globally, driving footfall into the showrooms and online. It will cover different marketing functions including Marketing, PR, events, digital (including social media), print and offline marketing.
The office is fast paced and demanding, and the role involves a high level of administration, requiring excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, enthusiasm and determination.
- – To assist with the advertising plans: coordinating the advertising schedules, making sure artwork is created by the Studio and distributed on time
- – To help run an efficient press office (liaising promptly and accurately with journalists, fulfilling image requests and product loans, formatting press releases in Photoshop, logging requests, scanning and filing coverage, researching print and digital media)
- – To compile and communicate the monthly PR report to all sales teams and senior leadership team
- – To assist in the worldwide PR strategy for the brand, ensuring press materials are distributed efficiently to all markets and supporting regional and European PR activity
- – To support the Head of Events on event strategy, planning and execution
- – Working closely with the Social Media Manager to coordinate all social media across all platforms (organic and paid)
- – To assist the team with influencer activity, coordinating shoots and liaising with influencers
- – Supporting the digital team with affiliates, display advertising and email campaigns
- – Building relationships with collaborating designers, ensuring they are kept up to date with press coverage and marketing activity
- – Copywriting (press releases, online copy, marketing materials, social media, newsletters)
- – Harrods: liaising with marketing team and coordinating advertising artwork
- – Building relationships with the sales team and offering them support
- – Producing sales sheets to inform sales teams about new designs
- – In addition to having excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and a hard-working approach, you will need to be personable, well presented and driven
- – Marketing or PR experience within the luxury industry is required (agency or in-house), along with a genuine interest in the design industry
- – Copywriting skills preferred
- – Photoshop skills preferred
To apply for the position contact Lucy Marriott, Brand Communications Manager, on email@example.com.