George Smith - Business Development Manager
George Smith has become synonymous with inspirational, personalised, luxurious, upholstered furniture. Every sofa, chair, chaise, and stool are lovingly handcrafted in our factory in the north of England.
We have our own showrooms in London, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago as well as many international agents and distributors. We work with top interior designers, developing and manufacturing upholstered furniture for some of the most prestigious, and beautiful properties around the world.
We currently have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager to join our UK sales team based in the Kings Road, London. To fill this role, we are keen to hear from experienced, talented sales professionals with exceptional business development skills, and the determination and tenacity required to rapidly grow our business in this highly fragmented and demanding market sector.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, you will manage all sales and commercial elements of customer relationships with our Key Accounts, and provide sales support to make us “first choice” with allocated Development Accounts, in order to deliver our sales and margin growth targets.
– Produce and deliver our annual sales budgets for our Key and Development Accounts.
– Develop and grow our customer loyalty scheme, ‘The Club’, ensuring members benefit from a unique proposition, and achieve their annual sales targets.
– Initiate and drive a strategic sales plan with each of our Key Accounts to maximise sales and margin growth.
– Work with our Key Account Manager to ensure clients receive a timely response to all enquiries.
– Work with our Development Account Manager to provide external sales support when required.
– Provide clear, concise, communications to our Account Managers and operations team ensuring our customers’ requirements are fully understood and followed.
– Initiate and drive product value engineering when needed.
– Lead the generation, preparation and delivery of customer presentations.
– Produce a weekly travel plan to maximise F2F customer meetings, ensuring each meeting is prepared for, and all outcomes documented and actioned.
– Identify ‘new’ interior design firms that can provide growth opportunities.
– Establish a collaborative working relationship with our operations team, developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of our products and manufacturing processes.
– Provide ad-hoc support in our London showroom which may include producing quotations, working at off-site events, or providing occasional staff-cover.
The Successful Candidate Will Be:
– An experienced sales professional with a successful track record of selling premium home interior products.
– Have a network of established contacts within the residential interior design industry.
– Have experience of working with bespoke products (desirable but not essential).
– Skilled at developing and maintaining long term “loyal” customer relationships.
– Hold exceptional, presentation, communication and influencing skills.
– Able to work remotely and as part of a team.
– Personable, highly motivated, enthusiastic, innovative, customer focussed, committed to excellence and integrity.
– Target driven and results focussed, well organised with attention to detail.
Location: Based at the Kings Road showroom, primarily travelling around London with potential to travel anywhere in the UK.
Salary: Dependent on experience. Basic + monthly commission + annual bonus.
Please send a CV and covering letter or e-mail to Gabriella Gunthardt.